We are specialists in the recruitment, training and support of apprentices. However that's not all we do!
We work with employers of all sizes and in all sectors to help attract, develop and motivate the talent you need to continually improve productivity and business performance.
In the last six years we have worked with hundreds of employers to provide a wide range of advice and training support. We continue to grow and innovate so please do get in touch using the contact form or phone number on this page. We are always happy to provide free and impartial advice.
If you'd like to read a bit more before doing so, our solutions currently include:
Recruiting and Developing New Talent
Bringing new talent into the organisation is important for all employers for succession planning and long-term sustainability. We offer two solutions to help employers acquire new talent and develop them into fully operational colleagues:
- Apprenticeships: the government funded scheme
- Boom Training and Development: our own commercial training solution for new recruits
You can read more about these by clicking on the buttons below or simply get in touch by using the phone number or contact form on this page.
We provide apprenticeship training in a range of subjects under the broad heading: office-based professions. We provide an end-to-end service including:
- Advice on appropriate roles for an apprentice
- Advice on job descriptions and person specifications
- Candidate recruitment(we provide a free recruitment service)
- Induction (to the apprenticeship training) and development of an individual training plan that includes clear milestones for achievement
- A 10-week ‘Settling-In’ process to enable employers to confirm candidate suitability. This is unique to Boom Training
- Delivery of the training programme through one-to-one tutor support – usually entirely in the workplace
- Regular progress reviews with the employer to ensure training is meeting your needs
- Planning and organising End Point Assessment
For more information, please click the links below:
- Key information for employers about apprenticeships
- Financial information about Apprenticeships (including fees)
- Career kick-start apprenticeships (current programmes we offer)
You can also read more on the Gov.uk page: How to take on an apprentice.
For some employers, the apprenticeship scheme simply isn’t a suitable option. There are many possible reasons for this, for example programme length or the inability to release staff for training during working hours. In order to support employers in this situation, we developed Boom Training and Development as an alternative. The scheme is offered on a purely commercial basis and also offers an end-to-end service, including:
- A recruitment service where this is required.
- A training programme to support the development of knowledge and skills required for the role.
Other key features of Boom Training and Development include:
- Achievement of a nationally recognised (Ofqual) qualification.
- A fast track training programme that allows candidates to complete training, assignments and other coursework in their own time so that the programme usually lasts 7-9 months.
- Very reduced administrative and compliance requirements compared with government funded programmes.
You can find a full list of Boom Training and Development courses here.
Alternatively, for more information and advice about Boom Training and Development, please get in touch using the contact form or phone number on this page.
Professional Development Solutions
As well as helping employers recruit and develop new talent, we have a number of solutions to help improve individual productivity and organisational performance, including:
- Professional Development Apprenticeships
- Boom Training and Development (qualification-based professional development)
- Bespoke solutions
You can read more about these by clicking on the buttons below or simply get in touch using the phone number or contact form on this page.
Many employers aren’t aware that the Apprenticeship scheme can provide training right up to Master's Degree level and is open to anyone of working age right up to 65!
This makes it a fantastic way to use government funding (or an apprenticeship levy account) to finance a wide range of training programmes.
For the vast majority of employers, the cost is just 5% of the overall training cost with the government providing the other 95%.
Our Professional Development Apprenticeships cover the needs of a wide range of office-based professions up to Management at level 5 (middle/senior manager). For a full list of apprenticeships currently available, click here.
Another excellent way to improve performance is through nationally recognised qualifications. Our qualifications are delivered through a combination of one-to-one tutoring/coaching and workshops and take between 7 and 15 months to complete.
BTD programmes offer a range of benefits, including:
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours are contextualised to the candidate's role and applied immediately in the workplace. This increases its relevance
- Action-based learning through projects and assignments relating specifically to the role improve understanding and retention
- Learning is embedded and retained far better when repeated and used in the workplace over a period of months (as compared with short courses where much of the learning is lost/forgotten in the weeks and months following the course)
- Qualifications offer recognition of the achievement for the individual as well as the employer
- Professional membership of organisations such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) mean candidates (and their employer) can benefit from membership services and continue their professional development through them
- Minimal bureaucracy and administrative requirements (when compared with government-funded programmes)
You can see a list of quaifications available here. However this list is not exhaustive so if you don't see what you are looking for, please do get in touch for free and impartial information and advice.
Every organisation has different circumstances and different people. This means that in some cases the most cost effective solution to a training need will be a bespoke one, tailored to address an issue specific to you and your organisation. Our Learning and Development consultants can work with you to analyse the need and then develop and deliver a training programme that addresses your unique challenges. For more information about this, please get in touch using the phone number or contact form on this page.
Consulting and Advice
We have expertise covering a range of subjects, Including:
Our learning consultants can work with your senior managers to identify where there may be productivity or performance bottlenecks in the organisation. They’ll help to unpick whether these are being caused by capacity or capability issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
It is our standard procedure to undertake a detailed analysis of individual training needs before we even begin to develop a training plan. Our TNA methodically quantifies skills, knowledge and behaviour gaps so that training is focussed only on areas requiring development, not wasting time covering knowledge and skills that have already been acquired through learning or experience.
We specialise in office-based professions so it will often be the case that we are unable to help with technical/professional training requirements. Where this is the case, we have a wide range of trusted training partners already in place to whom we can refer specific requirements. And if we don’t have a partner already in place, we have mechanisms to ensure we can find someone for you fairly quickly.
We often provide advice to employers who are paying the apprenticeship levy to help them spend as much of their levy funds as possible wherever this can be done effectively to support individual and organisational performance improvement. We can help with:
- Setting up the levy account
- Managing and administering the levy account
- Maximising the use of your levy funds
- Integrating the use of your levy account into your wider learning and development strategy
- Sourcing and connecting other specialist training providers
In partnership with: