Welcome to Boom Training.  We work with employers in all sectors and of all sizes to help them to attract, develop and motivate the best talent in order to improve productivity and business performance.  For example, research has clearly proven the RoI gained from involvement in the apprenticeship scheme.   However, the apprenticeship scheme isn’t always the answer so we offer a range of solutions to employers.

 

Engaging new talent

Bringing new talent into the organisation is important for all employers for succession planning and long-term sustainability.  We offer two solutions to help employers acquire new talent and develop them into fully operational colleagues:

  • Apprenticeships – we provide a range of apprenticeship programmes for office based professional such as admin and finance.  Find out more here.
  • Boom Training Talent Acquisition Scheme – this is an alternative to the apprenticeship scheme where that isn’t a suitable solution.  Find out more here.

Apprenticeship training

We provide apprenticeship training in a range of subjects under the broad heading: office-based professions.  We provide an end-to-end service including:

  • Advice on appropriate roles for an apprentice
  • Advice on job descriptions and person specifications
  • Candidate recruitment
  • Induction (to the apprenticeship training)  and development of an Individual Learning Plan that includes clear milestones for achievement
  • Delivery of the training programme through one-to-one tutor support – usually almost entirely in the workplace
  • Regular progress reviews with the employer to ensure training is meeting your needs
  • Planning and organising End Point Assessment

Whilst most employers consider the apprenticeship scheme in the context of recruiting new talent, the scheme can also be used as an extremely cost-effective vehicle for professional development of existing staff (see below).

 

Professional development services

Our professional development services offer employers the ideal way to improve productivity and business performance by enhancing the performance of individuals and teams.  There are three main ways in which we can do this:

  • Apprenticeships –  Many employers aren’t aware that the Apprenticeship scheme can provide training right up to Masters Degree level and is open to anyone of working age right up to 65.  This makes it a fantastic way to use Government funding (or an apprenticeship levy account) to finance a wide range of training programmes.  For the vast majority of employers, the cost is just 5% of the overall training cost with the government providing the other 95%.  Find out more here.
  • Nationally recognised qualifications – another excellent way to improve performance is through nationally recognised qualifications.  Wherever possible we work with professional membership bodies such as the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) to award qualifications so candidates can secure membership and continue their professional development through them. This approach is more flexible than the Apprenticeship scheme but doesn’t attract the same government funding.  Find out more here.
  • Bespoke solutions – in many cases the most cost effective solution to a training need will be a bespoke one, tailored to address an issue specific to you, the employer.  Our Learning and Development consultants can work with you to analyse the need and then develop and deliver a training programme that meets your specific requirements.  For more information on this, please contact us for an initial conversation using the Enquiry Form or by calling 023 8000 4209.  We are happy to provide free and impartial advice.

 

Apprenticeship levy advice

The apprenticeship levy is paid by all organisations with an annual payroll bill exceeding £3m.  Based on national average salaries this means organisations employing over 130 staff.  We provide free advice to levy-paying organisations including:

  • setting up the levy account
  • managing and administering the levy account
  • maximising the use of your levy funds
  • integrating the use of your levy account into your wider learning and development strategy

For more information on the levy see our introduction here.