Boom Training Ltd is paving the way in new curriculum by being one of the first training providers in the country to introduce the NEW and exciting AAT Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard.
The new Apprenticeship Standards are being rolled out by Government as part of a major reform to Apprenticeships that really started to make an impact this year with the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy.
The Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship is perfect for organisations wishing to enhance the performance of their finance function, plan for succession or simply take the pressure off other staff. Examples of suitable roles might include:
– Finance Department Assistant
– Trainee Accounting Technician
– Accounts Clerk
– Purchase Ledger Clerk
– Sales Ledger Clerk
The Apprenticeship seeks to develop Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours resulting in a fully fledged and productive member of the team. However, training is designed in the context of the organisation so in each and every case it is tailored to your own organisational needs. It includes two full AAT qualifications:
– Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping
– Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
The programme is completed over a duration of 15 months. Our delivery model includes:
– Monthly tutor visits to the workplace for tutorial sessions. these alternate with
– Monthly workshops (currently located in Southampton)
– AAT e-learning courses
– e-portfolio for submitting work for marking, reviewing marked work, storing completed work and tracking progress
– On demand tutor support when required (video call, phone, SMS etc.)
– Subject specific webinars provided by AAT
– 6 module exams (currently sat in our Southampton office) (it may be possible to take more than one at each visit)
– Final End Point Assessment undertaken by AAT
The programme is ideal for both new and existing staff.
Where you are seeking to recruit and train new talent, Boom Training will manage the recruitment process for you at no cost (as long as the Apprentice completes the programme). We will advertise the role, interview candidates and invite you to interview candidates we recommend but always leaving you to make the final choice. New recruit Apprentices make fantastic ambassadors for your organisation and are committed and enthusiastic team members.
For existing staff the programme can be an excellent way to update knowledge and skills or provide formal training and qualifications for those who have learned their roles on-the-job.
The costs to the employer are as follows:
– the salary of the Apprentice (for new recruits this can be as little as £4.50 per hour)
– AAT examination and student membership fees (for one year): £393
If the Apprentice is 16-18 years old, the employer receives a £1,000 incentive grant from the government.
For smaller employers with fewer than 50 staff who take on a 16-18 year old this covers all the costs.
If you are a larger employer employing a 16-18 year old, there is a £900 training fee (but this can be offset by the grant).
If your Apprentice is aged 19+ years old, there is also a £900 fee.
If you are a Levy-payer, the full cost of the programme comes out of your levy account subject to funds being available. If there is a shortfall in your levy account, the outstanding costs are split 90% payable by Government and 10% by you, the employer.
You should also bear in mind that your Apprentice MUST (by law) spend 20% of their working hours (that’s equivalent to one day a week) undertaking off-the-job training. However, there are many activities that can contribute towards this and we have tools to help you ensure this requirements is met. We can explain more about this when you enquire or at enrolment.
For more information and a no obligation discussion to answer any queries you may have, please fill out the form below or give us a call on 023 8068 2060